A few months ago after a particularly acute episode, I wrote a comic-sad song called “I talk too much at parties”. And of course the song wrote itself. I love talking at parties but I love it too much. I get a bit excited, I drink waaaaaay too much and tell secrets and illustrate my points with things like randomly breakdancing or jumping over fires. (True stories).
Some people appreciate this but I suspect others are just overwhelmed and appalled — but too polite to say so.
The next day thus I have to go through everything I can remember and cringe and cringe and cringe. Why did I say that? What was I thinking? Etc.
The latest episode was last night at a party hosted by Scott and Ali at the amazing flat they are “flat-sitting” in Hamilton.
I LOVE THIS — a perfect and beautiful extra-use for a pallet.
Checking out my new iPhone
The cab home!
I am genuinely sorry to all those ears I talked-off last night. SOZ! It won’t happen again. 🙂
So today I was on Struggle Street, but I made it to band practice and did 35ks on the bike — but it felt really, really hard! That heat and wind didn’t help. Ow.
So above is me demonstrating the sweet new panorama function on my new iPhone 5.
It gets a few things wrong, and generates HUGE files (like almost 20mgs) but is really fast and addictive.
I pre-ordered my new phone from Apple. And I logged on just after 5pm last Friday — the moment Apple started accepting pre-orders — and it literally arrived at work at 10:20am. Far more sophisticated than lining up or going to a store. But then I actually did have to go to a store to get a nano-sim, but no biggie.
My review, for what little it is worth:
1) it’s light — and that’s the first thing the 30 or so people I have showed it to in the last 24 hours have said.
2) it still feels like a perfectly-sized phone despite it’s bigger screen, and this has a lot to do with it’s thinnerness. (I just made that word up)
3) Seeing as I upgraded from a 3GS — the battery life is much, much better.
4) The new screen looks funny through my sunglasses.
5) The maps really are shit. They look much better and the new font is much more classy. The colours are more intuitive too, but on the way to the party last night they led me and the cab at least a kilometre away from the target. Ugh.
6) The external speakers are fucking loud! When overseas, and it’s just me and Dee partying in the hotel room, it is so nice to have music and the new volume will be appreciated one day!
7) The new camera seems really, really good. Here is a photo of Michael taken under very dark conditions: